Athletic Field/Court Rentals
The City of Frederick’s Department of Parks and Recreation has approximately 57 athletic fields ranging from:
- Babe Ruth
- Coach Pitch
- Little League and Adult Baseball
- In-Line Hockey
- Horseshoe Pit
- Bocce Courts
- Various Size Multi-Purpose Fields Available for Use
*****NOTE: The City does not line the fields, nor provide equipment or goals.
Please visit our Parks Manual to find information on all available parks and amenities.
Field User Seasons
There are two seasons of Field Users for League Play:
- Fall Field Users: August 1 through November 30 annually.
- Spring Field Users: March 1 through July 31 annually. Please reference the Sunset Calendar when making field requests.
- FIRM DEADLINE of February 15th for Spring. FIRM DEADLINE of July 15th for Fall. Historic field use not guaranteed after deadline. Be sure to apply.
- Online registration for Spring season is February 1-15. Online registration for Fall season is July 1-15.
- Applicants will create account and register.
- Payment of 20% by Visa or MC and Certificate of Insurance required to apply.
- ALL reservations must be made 7 days in advance.
- REGISTER for the General Correspondence and field closure alerts
- After the initial season field scheduling is complete, users will be notified that scheduling is complete via the General Correspondence Field User alert system. You are responsible for checking your account regarding the status of your application. When approved, it will be marked FIRM. After the initial scheduling is complete and public notification sent, you may apply for any additional field/courts - if your requested field/court is not available, you will not automatically be placed on an alternate field. We accommodate requests to the best of our ability. However, please note that applying and paying for a field/court does not guarantee your reservation.
- The City does NOT line the fields or provide equipment (including goals) for rentals.
You’ll find sports field rental processes in this section. If you have any further questions please email Sarah Stamper.
Signing up for Alerts on Field and Court Use
League designated representatives may signup for email or text alerts for general correspondence related to Field and Court rental use on the city's website. You can choose to receive alerts through email or text message.
There will be times during each season that the City’s Department of Parks and Recreation will close fields due to inclement weather and/or field condition issues. Notifications are posted on the City’s website, sent to the alert system, and recorded on the Cancellation/Information phone line (301-600-6970 option 3). Unless otherwise notified, the fields will open the next day. Please be responsible when using wet fields.
Signing up for Alerts on Field Closures
Any Interested parties may signup for email or text alerts for field closings by logging onto the City’s website. You can choose to receive alerts through email or text message.
Fields at Rest
Typically we try to ’rest’ our fields in December, January, and February. There will be times during the season(s) that fields will be closed for repairs. Closures (which field and when) will be posted on the City's website, and the field closures alert system. We ask that you abide by the resting and repair times and not utilize the fields so that we can give you a good playing surface.
Ball Fields, Tennis, Basketball & Hockey Courts
|Basketball Courts||$10 per day/ per court||$20 per day / per Court||N/A|
|Field User Fees (all hours)||$3.50 per hour / per field (greater than or equal to 51% City Residents)||$7 per hour / per field|
|Inline Hockey Courts||$25 per day / per court||$50 per day / per court||Riverwalk / Hill Street Courts Only. Hill Street Courts are lighted, additional fees apply|
|Loats Field (Daily) *||Without lights $125|
With lights $175
|Without lights $250|
With lights $350
|Established leagues (City Only) with lights $25 per hour and without lights $5 per hour|
|McCurdy Field (Daily) *||Without lights $200|
With lights $350
|Without lights $400|
With lights $700
|Established leagues (city only) With lights $25 per hour and without lights is $10 per hour|
|Sports Field Lights||$25 per hour / per field or court||$50 per hour / per field or court||Hill Street Fields and inline courts. Max Kehne Softball.|
|Tennis Courts||$10 per time slot per court||$20 per time slot per court||Time Slots: 6 a.m. to noon, noon to 4 p.m., 4 to 10 p.m.|
*Conditions apply, please call for details.
The City does NOT line the fields or provide equipment including goals, for rentals.