Office of Home Energy Programs (OHEP)

Office of Home Energy Programs (OHEP)

Office of Home Energy Programs: Through the State’s Office of Home Energy Programs, we can help support your needs paying heating, electric, and water bills. OHEP serves Frederick County residents. Grants do not need to be paid back and vary by income level and fuel type. Learn more. 

Need assistance with your water and/or wastewater bill?  The Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) is available now. Learn more

OHEP and LIHWAP applications can be completed online at; or printed out at Paper applications can be mailed to PO Box 3929 Frederick, MD 21705, faxed to 301-600-2690 or emailed to A document drop-off box is also located outside the interior office door at 420 East Patrick Street.  

OHEP applications can also be completed using this fillable PDF. Click here for a fillable OHEP PDF application. Simply fill out the PDF, save it, attach the file to your email, and email it to 

Required documentation needed to complete the OHEP & LIHWAP application

  1. Completed and signed application listing everyone that resides in the Household
  2. Copy of photo ID for the applicant
  3. Copy of Social Security Cards for everyone in the home
  4. Proof of income for 30 days for everyone in the home- this includes unemployment, Social Security, etc.
  5. Proof of Residency- lease or mortgage statement
  6. Copy of electric and heating bills
  7. Copy of water/wastewater bill, (only applicable to LIHWAP).

 For more information on OHEP or LIHWAP program eligibility or to receive an application for assistance, please call 301-600-2410.