- Housing and Human Services
Food and Nutrition Programs
General Information for Volunteers in the Foodbank and the Community Table:
- Volunteers must be age 16 or older; youth volunteers between the ages of 16 to 18 must be properly supervised by adult volunteers
- Volunteers are requested to commit to volunteering for at least 12 months, typically for 1 or 2 shifts per month in the Foodbank or for 2 to 4 shifts per month in the Community Table.
- Client information, such as the names of people using the Foodbank or the Community Table, is protected by law and must remain confidential
- Please contact the DHHS at 301-600-1506 if you are unable to volunteer for your scheduled shift.
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out the Volunteer Interest Form and email Michael Grogan using firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please Note: At this time we have a high volume of requests for volunteering with our programs. We appreciate your patience and interest in volunteering.*
Opportunities for Medical & Mental Health Professionals
Physicians, dentists, nurses, and psychologists and clinical social workers are utilized to provide medical and mental health treatment services at the Health Center, which is operated by the DHHS. Medical, dental, and mental health professionals should call our main number (301) 600-1506. Please view the Medical and Mental Health Professionals page for more information on volunteering as a medical professional.