FY 2021 Budget
The City of Frederick budget is the community’s commitment to how best to spend our resources to strengthen our community. During this budget process, we welcome and encourage all to participate.
- FY2021 Mayor’s Proposed Budget - Amended
- FY2021 Mayor’s Proposed Budget Executive Summary
- FY2021 Mayor’s Proposed Budget Detail
Amended FY 2021 Budget Timeline
- Tuesday, April 14, 2020 - Public Hearing (7:00pm – Virtual Meeting)
Budget Overview by Mayor O’Connor and Budget Director, Katie Barkdoll
- Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - Public Hearing (10:00am - 12:00pm; 1:00pm-3:00pm – Virtual Meeting)
- Monday, April 27, 2020 - Public Hearing (10:00am - 12:00pm; 1:00pm-3:00pm – Virtual Meeting)
- Thursday, May 7, 2020 - Public Hearing (7:00pm - Virtual Meeting)
Department Directors and Managers prepare budget requests with consideration of the strategic and budget goals. The Mayor, along with the Budget Director, meets with Directors to review budget requests in detail. Directors are forthcoming and cooperative with this approach. Revenues are estimated based on current assessments, historical data, and other pertinent information. After the presentation of the Mayor’s Proposed Budget to the Board of Aldermen, workshops and public hearings will occur. Once complete, the budget will be adopted, along with the property tax rate.