Because our employees are working on a hybrid work schedule which permits employees to work from both the office and virtually, not all employees are in the office every day. However, we are still here to answer your questions and help you with the concerns you are facing.
If you would like to speak with someone in the Planning Department, please call 301-600-1499. If we are busy or away from our desk, please leave a voice mail and we will promptly respond.
The Planning Department is always accessible via email. Send your email to PlanningInfo@cityoffrederickmd.gov and we will promptly respond. To stay up to date on the City’s Covid-19 response, please visit the City’s Covid-19 page or our social media channels.
Beginning today, Wednesday April 1st, the City is pleased to now offer the ability for the public to submit applications and plans to the Planning department online. Payment of fee’s by credit card can now also be accepted online. Click the appropriate link below and complete the pre-submittal application for your request. You will then be contacted by a staff member to complete the submission process.
- Archeology Pre-Submittal Form
- Development Review Pre-Submittal Form
- Historic Preservation Commission Pre-Submittal Form
- Zoning Board of Appeals Pre-Submittal Form
Applications will be accepted for the Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals, and Historic Preservation Commission in accordance with the following deadlines.
- Planning Commission deadline schedules are available online at https://www.cityoffrederickmd.gov/348/Planning-Commission. Please contact Gabrielle Collard, Division Manager of Current Planning via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jessica Murphy, Administrative Assistant of Current Planning via email at email@example.com with questions.
- Zoning Board of Appeals deadline schedules are available online at https://www.cityoffrederickmd.gov/DocumentCenter/View/18704/2021-2022-ZBA-schedule . Please contact Joe Adkins, Deputy Director for Planning via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Carreanne Eyler, Office Manager via email at email@example.com with questions.
- Historic Preservation Commission deadline schedules are available at https://www.cityoffrederickmd.gov/DocumentCenter/View/129/Historic-Preservation-Commission-Schedule?bidId=. Please contact Brandon Mark, Division Manager of Community Planning and Urban Design via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Shannon Pyles, Administrative Assistant of the Historic Preservation Commission via email at email@example.com with questions.
|The City’s Development Database is provided to give residents, business owners, and the development of community insight into the projects that are currently pending review with the Division of Planning. Once you launch the database you will view a map of all pending development in Frederick. Click the picture or here to enter.|
Do you want to know the zoning of your property or to print out a map of your house? Use the SpiresGIS General Map
Topics of Interest
- Golden Mile Small Area Plan (PDF)
- Simplified Planning Process (PDF)
Sign up to receive planning and code updates.