Parks & Recreation
COVID-19 OPERATION UPDATES (Updated 8/6/2020)
- The William R. Talley Recreation Center will be open for select pre-registered programming. Walk-in activities are not permitted at this time. New facility reservations are currently unavailable. All existing reservations have been canceled and cannot be rescheduled.
- All satellite recreation centers will be closed until further notice. New facility reservations are currently unavailable. All existing reservations have been canceled and cannot be rescheduled.
- The Talley Fitness Center is open with safety precautions and a reservation system in place for members only.
- The Edward P. Thomas, Jr. pool is closed for the summer 2020 season.
- The William R. Diggs pool is open with safety precautions, limited capacity, physical distancing, and a reservation system in place for city residents only. Additional Information | Register Now
- The Department is offering limited Return to Recreation Programming with safety precautions in place. Return to Recreation – Summer 2020 Program Brochure | Register Now
- All park pavilion permits, permitted use of city fields, and permitted use of city tennis courts have resumed. Applications are being accepted.
- All other Park facility permits remain suspended until further notice. This includes amenities within Baker Park and Carroll Creek Linear Park.
- All parade/walk/race permits are canceled through September 30. Patrons will receive a refund. Refunds will be processed and issued as promptly as possible. New applications and applications currently under review for parade/walk/race permits are not being accepted/processed at this time. As conditions warrant, the City will communicate plans to resume the application and permit process.
- All park playgrounds, pavilions, basketball courts, tennis courts, in-line rinks, the Dog Park, and skate parks are open. Users are encouraged to practice physical distancing, practice proper hand hygiene, and avoid large gatherings.
- Parks remain open to the community. Users are encouraged to practice physical distancing, practice proper hand hygiene, and avoid large gatherings.
- The Clustered Spires Golf Course is open with safe operating procedures in place. Please contact the facility at 301-600-1295 for more information on tee times, safety measures, and operations.
You can register for classes online.
Westside Regional Park
Please submit any comments or suggestions for the proposed West Side Regional Park bubble plan.
To provide for diverse recreational opportunities and amenities that enhance the quality of life for our residents and visitors to the City of Frederick through the creation, operation, and maintenance of a comprehensive parks and recreation department.