- Boards & Commissions
- Westside Regional Park Task Force
Westside Regional Park Task Force
- 7 p.m.
- 3rd Wednesday of the month
- Annex 1st floor, Conference Room C
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas
Most Recent Minutes | View All Minutes
Task Force Composition
The following individuals have been appointed to serve on the Westside Regional Park Task Force. Additionally, several resource people have been identified to assist the task force on an as need basis.
|1||Paul Lebo||FCPS||301-696-6805||Email Paul Lebo|
|2||Chuck Mann||Higher Ed – Hood College||301-696-3611||Email Chuck Mann|
|3||Bob Hicks||Frederick County Parks & Rec||301-600-6816||Email Bob Hicks|
|4||Joe Baldi||City of Frederick Parks & Recreation Commission||301-600-2077||Email Joe Baldi|
|5||Deb Reynolds||Golden Mile Alliance||n/a||Email Deb Reynolds|
|6||TBD||Chamber of Commerce||n/a||n/a|
|7||Melisa Muntz||Tourism Council||301-600-4023||Email Melisa Muntz|
|8||Rob Fox||Aquatics||240-529-5774||Email Rob Fox|
|9||Bo Eskay||Soccer||301-471-4610||Email Bo Eskay|
|10||Lance English||NAC 8||n/a||Email Lance English|
|11||Frank Strakonsky||Resident||240-285-6665||Email Frank Strakonsky|
|12||Ed Hinde||Resident||305- 772-0901||Email Ed Hinde|
|13||Donna Kuzemchak||Alderman Liaison||301-600-1382||Email Donna Kuzemchak|
Technical Staff Resources
|Joe Adkins||Deputy Director of Planning||301-600-1655||Email Joe Adkins|
|Tracy Coleman||Deputy Director of Engineering||301-600-1401||Email Tracy Coleman|
|Zack Kershner||Director of Public Works||301-600-1404||Email Zack Kershner|
|Bob Smith||Deputy Director of Parks and Recreation – City of Frederick||301-600-1902||Email Bob Smith|
Comments and feedback are welcome on the proposed Westside Regional Park. Please submit your feedback on the Westside Regional Park bubble plan.
The Westside Regional Park Task Force is an ad-hoc task force appointed by the Mayor (per City Code: Section 28i) to:
- Complete the design and engineering
- Oversee implementation of the Westside Regional Park Plan
- Develop design standards for the Westside Regional Park
Task Force Composition
This task force shall be facilitated by the City Department of Parks and Recreation, and shall be composed of 14 representatives from the:
- Aquatics and Soccer user groups
- City and County
- Frederick County Chamber of Commerce
- Frederick County Public Schools
- Golden Mile Alliance
- Higher Education Facilities
- Neighborhood Advisory Councils
- Parks and Recreation Commission
- Tourism Council
The task force shall be responsible for, but not be limited to the following:
- Serve as a recommending body to the Mayor and Board of Aldermen and bring forward all proposals, plans, and costs, etc. for workshop review and public meeting approval
- Coordinate its work with the various Departments of the City, the Parks and Recreation Department, Parks and Recreation Commission, Planning Commission, etc. as necessary
- Review existing Westside Regional Park plans and review successful park plans and projects from other communities; and
- Refine and complete design plans and design standards for the park
- Prepare detailed engineered improvement plans (using resources provided by the City)
- Provide general oversight of the construction of the park improvements
It is the goal of the Westside Regional Park Task Force to complete the Westside Regional Park improvements on the Hargett Farm property.
- Adopted Park Plan (PDF)
- Butterfly Lane Elevated Water Tank (PDF)
- Consultant Report (PDF)
- Frederick Swim and Sport Complex (PDF)
- Parks Manual (PDF)
- Sophie and Madigans Playground (PDF)
- Task Force Overview (PDF)
Our mission is to provide a high quality venue to foster and encourage fitness at all levels of ability. This park will provide the resources needed for the City of Frederick to host and participate in high level athletic competitions, practices, and training as well as leisure activities for the community in a cost effective and environmentally responsible way.
- 1 Year: April 2017 to April 2018 (to be extended as necessary)
Join the Task Force
If you are interested in an appointment to a citizen board or commission, please complete the Commission Vacancy Application.
Complete the application online or download the application (PDF).