At the Mayor and Board of Aldermen Public Meeting on Thursday May 16th, outstanding preservation efforts throughout The City of Frederick were honored by Mayor Randy McClement and the Historic Preservation Commission
CONTACT: Susan Harding, Public Information Officer, 301-600-1385
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Friday, May 17, 2013
Historic Preservation Commission Presents Awards for Outstanding Preservation Efforts
Frederick, MD -- At the Mayor and Board of Aldermen Public Meeting on Thursday May 16th, outstanding preservation efforts throughout The City of Frederick were honored by Mayor Randy McClement and the Historic Preservation Commission. Awards were presented to the following dedicated individuals and organizations:
• Murphy Properties, II were the awardees in the “Bricks and Mortar Rehabilitation” category for their superlative work in the restoration and rehabilitation of 144 West South Street.
• Goodloe and Jane Byron were the awardees in the category of “New Construction” for the sensitive design and construction of new outbuilding at 49 South Carroll Street.
• The Weinberg Center for the Arts was granted the “Public Stewardship” award for their exemplary maintenance of and impeccable workmanship at 20 West Patrick Street.
• Sherwood Dowling was granted the “Private Stewardship” award for his exemplary maintenance of and impeccable workmanship at 121 West 2nd Street.
• The City of Frederick staff was the winner in the category of “Community Leadership” for their extraordinary service to the City as demonstrated in the Baker Park Swinging Bridge project.
Photographs of the award-winning projects will be posted on www.cityoffrederick.com/preservation (click on “Resources”) and on the Historic Preservation Commission’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/cityoffrederickhpc.