On 10-9-13, The Frederick Police Department's Drug Enforcement Unit arrested seven people after a drug investigation at a local motel.
On 10-9-13, the Frederick Police Department’s Drug Enforcement Unit served a search warrant at an area motel after receiving information via the crime tip line regarding subjects using heroin and cocaine in one of the rooms. Police also conducted traffic stops in reference to this case. In all, seven people were arrested and charged with various offenses, as listed below. Police seized numerous capsules of heroin, vials of cocaine, marijuana, and several associated items of paraphernalia.
1. Lloyd Chappell, 100 block South Market St, Frederick 02/20/1981
Charges: Possession with the intent to distribute cocaine, possession with the intent to distribute heroin, possession cocaine, possession heroin, possession paraphernalia
2. April Lynn Payne, 100 block South Market St, 04/22/1984
Charges: Possession cocaine, possession heroin, possession paraphernalia
3. Dorothy Mae Fogle, 700 block East B St, Brunswick 04/06/1965
Possession heroin (pending)
4. Mark Steven Herring, 600 block Pine Log Rd, Beech Island, SC, 09/10/1981
Charge: Possession heroin
5. Lisa Fay Richards, 1400 block Taney Ave Frederick, 02/03/1967
Charge: possession heroin
6. Beverly Jean Hinzman, unit block of Fiser Lane, Martinsburg WV, 11/07/1981
Charges: possession heroin, possession paraphernalia
7. Shannon Marie Hester, 100 block Crooked Oak Rd, Martinsburg WV, 11/11/1985
Charge: Possession marijuana
All subjects were taken to Central Booking for further processing except as follows: Hester was cited and released from FPD headquarters, and Fogle was taken to FMH for a pre-existing condition. Charges are pending for her. Current photos were not available for all subjects at the time of the press release.
Author of Release: SGT Corbett
Arresting Officers: DEU officers
For more information: LT Pennington, 240-818-7022
Case numbers: 13-065009, 13-065038, 13-065044
Crime Tip Line: 301-600-8477
Drug Tip Line: 301-600-2246