Snow and ice may be on the way! Residents are asked to watch their local weather forecast and to exercise extreme caution on roads and sidewalks due to the forecast of snow, sleet and icy conditions.
CONTACT: Susan S. Harding, Public Information Coordinator, 301-600-1385
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Friday, December 13, 2013
Snow is on the Way – Reminders to Residents
Frederick, Md. --- Snow and ice may be on the way! Residents are asked to watch their local weather forecast and to exercise extreme caution on roads and sidewalks due to the forecast of snow, sleet and icy conditions.
Residents are reminded of their responsibility to clear sidewalks from snow and ice according to Section 22-16 of the City of Frederick, Maryland Code, Titled, Removal of Snow and Ice From Sidewalks - Within twelve (12) hours after snow stops falling, a person owning or occupying a lot or part of a lot abutting a city sidewalk shall remove the snow and ice from the abutting sidewalk for a width of four (4) feet, or the width of the sidewalk, whichever is less. In the event the snow and ice is not removed within the time and manner, The City of Frederick’s Code Enforcement Department can issue a municipal infraction of up to $100.
If a Snow Emergency City is declared, residents are not permitted to park on designated Snow Emergency Routes. Any vehicles parked on these streets may be towed at the owner’s expense. Vehicles traveling on Snow Emergency Routes will also be required to use snow tires or chains. In the event that a snow emergency is declared, residents who reside on a snow emergency route are asked to plan ahead and park elsewhere. As a reminder, during the Holiday Season, parking is free in all five City Parking Garages from 7:00 AM Saturday morning to 7:00 AM Monday morning. Normal rates apply all other times.
Please note the following Snow Emergency Routes:
Street Start End
1. Market Street route 70 Bridge Route 26
2. Bentz St/ Motter Avenue/
Opossumtown Pike West South Street North City Limits
3. East Street Monocacy Blvd (Walser Drive) North Market Street
4. Baughman’s Lane US Route 40 Rosemont Avenue
5. South Jefferson Street Prospect Boulevard West Patrick Street
6. Monocacy Boulevard East South Street East Patrick Street
7. S. Market Loats Alley
8. Monocacy Boulevard Gas House Pike MD Route 15
9. Gas House Pike/ Monocacy Blvd. East St.
10. Mill Island Prkwy Waterside Drive Monocacy Ford Road
11. Patrick Street NB/ Ramp US Route 15 Bailes Lane
12. South Street / West Patrick Street City Limits
Reich’s Ford Road
13. Yellow Springs Road/ City Limits N. Bentz Street
14. Seventh Street Military Road East Street
15. Butterfly Lane Mt. Phillip Road Route 180
16. Military Rd. West 7th St. Rosemont Ave.
17. Waterside Drive Monocacy Blvd. City Limits
For information regarding inclement weather call the City’s Emergency Public Information Line 301-600-1300 and/or visit the City website at www.cityoffrederick.com.
Residents and businesses are encouraged to sign up for emergency notifications from the Frederick County Division of Emergency Management at www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/ALERT.