On 04/03/2014, members of the Frederick Police Department's Drug Enforcement Unit received an anonymous tip about a suspicious odor coming from a residence in the unit block of Waverley Drive. DEU officers made contact with the resident, Rojak West, outside the residence to discuss the complaint. West brought a marijuana cigar outside to the officers. When West opened his door, officers could smell an odor of raw marijuana disproportionate to the cigar West retrieved.
The DEU obtained a search warrant for the residence, and recovered a loaded handgun, ammunition, several ounces of marijuana, packaging materials, a digital scale, and a large sum of US currency.
West was arrested and taken to Central Booking. He was charged with the following:
1. Possession of paraphernalia;
2. Possession of marijuana;
3. Possession with the intent to distribute marijuana;
4. Possession of a firearm in nexus to a drug trafficking crime;
5. Possession of a firearm after conviction of a drug felony;
6. Possession of a regulated firearm after conviction of a drug felony; and
7. Convicted felon in possession of a firearm.
Author of Release: SGT Corbett, 301-600-6235
Case Report #: 14-023768
Arrestee: Rojak Demond West, 4/7/1973
Arresting Officer: DEU officer