Traffic delays can be expected in the downtown area due to road closings along the parade route.
Kris Kringle Procession Traffic Advisory
The Kris Kringle Procession, an annual holiday tradition in The City of Frederick, will be held in Downtown Frederick on Friday December 12, 2014.
Traffic delays can be expected in the downtown area due to road closings along the parade route. Traffic will be stopped or diverted along the route until the conclusion of the procession. It is recommended that drivers choose alternate routes or adjust travel times to avoid congestion and delays.
The parade will begin at 6:30 p.m. in the 1st block of S. Carroll St., proceed northbound to E. Patrick St., then westbound on E. Patrick St., northbound on N. Market St., westbound on W. 2nd St., and will conclude at the band shell in Baker Park. A closing ceremony including music and the official lighting of The City of Frederick Christmas tree will be held at the band shell.
In addition there will be No Parking from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on December 12, 2014 at the following locations:
• East All Saints Street; (both sides) from S. East Street to South Carroll
• South Carroll Street; (both sides) from East All Saints to East Patrick Street
• East Patrick Street; (both sides) from Carroll Street to Market Street
• North Market Street; (both sides) from Patrick Street to Second Street
• West Second Street; (both sides) from Market Street to College Avenue
• Memorial Parkway.
The Kris Kringle Procession is sponsored by Key 103 and 106.9 the Eagle under the organization of Celebrate Frederick.
For more information, please contact
LT Dennis K. Dudley
Commander Patrol Division (2)
Frederick Police Department
100 West Patrick Street
Frederick MD 21701