On Thursday evening May 7, 2015, outstanding preservation efforts throughout The City of Frederick were honored by Mayor Randy McClement and the Historic Preservation Commission.
Historic Preservation Winner Honored
Frederick, MD – May 8, 2015: On Thursday evening May 7, 2015, outstanding preservation efforts throughout The City of Frederick were honored by Mayor Randy McClement and the Historic Preservation Commission. Awards were given to the following dedicated individuals and organizations:
• Three projects were recognized in the category of “Bricks and Mortar Rehabilitation” for superlative restoration and rehabilitation work:
? Jeffrey D. Hurwitz and Caroline Gessert for the carriage house at 101 East Patrick Street.
? Carolyn Greiner and Paul Wade for 24-26 South Court Street.
? CAS Engineering for 10 South Bentz Street.
• McCaskill Financial was granted the “Stewardship” award for their exemplary maintenance of and impeccable workmanship at 220 West Patrick Street.
• The Schifferstadt Architectural Museum Heritage Garden was the winner in the category of “Community Leadership” for their extraordinary service to the City in the field of historic preservation.
• The “Craftsmanship” award went to Brian Fisher for demonstrating an understanding of and effective professional practice in working with historic buildings and sites.
• McCaskill Financial and the Frederick Preservation Trust both received awards for their “This Place Matters” photographs.
Photographs of the award-winning projects will be posted on www.cityoffrederick.com/preservation (click on “Resources”) and on the HPC’s Facebook page www.facebook.com/cityoffrederickhpc.
For more information, contact Lisa Mroszczyk Murphy, Historic Preservation at 301`-600-6278 or email email@example.com.