In anticipation of the 6-9+ inches of snow forecasted for late tonight and tomorrow, Mayor Randy McClement calls for the City Snow Emergency Plan to go into effect for The City of Frederick at 12:00 midnight, today, Monday, February 8th.
City Snow Emergency Plan in Effect at 12:00 Midnight Tonight, Monday, February 8th
Vehicles Must Be Moved from Snow Emergency Routes
Frederick, MD – February 8, 2016: In anticipation of the 6-9+ inches of snow forecasted for late tonight and tomorrow, Mayor Randy McClement calls for the City Snow Emergency Plan to go into effect for The City of Frederick at 12:00 midnight, today, Monday, February 8th. Vehicles not moved off of designated Snow Emergency Routes (listed below) by 10:00 PM today risk the chance of being towed at the owner’s expense.
All five City parking garages will be open for FREE parking from 7:00 PM tonight, Monday, February 8th until 7:00 AM on Tuesday, February 9th. Before 7:00 PM today and after 7:00 AM tomorrow, normal parking rates will apply.
PLEASE NOTE - The entrance gates at the parking decks will be DOWN. ALL drivers MUST take a ticket upon enter the parking decks in order to raise the gates. The exits gates will be raised after 7:00 PM tonight and remain raised until 7:00 AM tomorrow, Tuesday, February 9th. If you leave the parking deck after 7:00 AM, you will have to pay before you leave at the paystations.
City of Frederick Parking Decks are located at:
• Church Street Parking Deck- 17 East Church Street
• Court Street Parking Deck - 2 South Court Street
• Carroll Street Parking Deck - 44 East Patrick Street
• West Patrick Street Deck - 138 West Patrick Street
• East All Saints Street Deck - 125 East All Saints Street
Motorist and pedestrians are urged to exercise extreme caution when driving or walking as some icy areas may still exist due to the low temperature
The Department of Public Works would like to remind residents to be aware of and obey the Restricted Parking designations. The restricted parking areas assure citizens and the DPW Snow Plow Teams that the designated areas will be open and available for use to push and/or haul snow from streets if the need arises. As a reminder, parking in a Restricted Parking area at any time, will result in a fine.
Please note the following:
1) Be advised, with the amount and type of snow predicted, driveways WILL be plowed in. Vehicles that remain on the street WILL have large amounts of snow piled around them. Snow plows will come through each street multiple times; it is advised that residents wait until the snowfall ends, before clearing driveway openings and curb cuts.
2) Be aware and alert for possible downed trees and power lines due to the heavy snow. Report downed and low hanging power lines by calling 1-800-686-0011. Do not attempt to cross over or under downed lines.
3) Report downed trees or other NON - EMERGENCIES by calling 301-600-1440.
4) City Code requires all sidewalks to be cleared 12 hours after the snow stops falling. In addition, snow or ice may not be deposited onto and public street or sidewalk.
5) For road conditions, call 511, monitor your local media outlets, or go to www.marylandroads.com for current conditions
6) The City’s priority is to maintain all Snow Emergency Routes. These routes will be cleared first and continually until snowfall slows and other neighborhoods can be reached. Snow emergency routes are as follows:
Please note the following Snow Emergency Routes:
SNOW EMERGENCY ROUTES
Street Start End
1. Market Street route 70 Bridge Route 26
2. Bentz St/ Motter Avenue/
Opossumtown Pike West South Street North City Limits
3. East Street Monocacy Blvd (Walser Drive) North Market Street
4. Baughman’s Lane US Route 40 Rosemont Avenue
5. South Jefferson Street Prospect Boulevard West Patrick Street
6. Monocacy Boulevard East South Street East Patrick Street
7. S. Market Loats Alley
8. Monocacy Boulevard Gas House Pike MD Route 15
9. Gas House Pike/ Monocacy Blvd. East St.
10. Mill Island Prkwy Waterside Drive Monocacy Ford Road
11. Patrick Street NB/ Ramp US Route 15 Bailes Lane
12. South Street / West Patrick Street City Limits
Reich’s Ford Road
13. Yellow Springs Road/ City Limits N. Bentz Street
Rosemont Avenue/Dill Avenue
14. Seventh Street Military Road East Street
15. Butterfly Lane Mt. Phillip Road Route 180
16. Military Rd. West 7th St. Rosemont Ave.
17. Waterside Drive Monocacy Blvd. City Limits
Clearing Ice & Snow from Sidewalks
It is the responsibility of the resident to clear sidewalks from snow and ice according to Section 22-16 of The City of Frederick, Maryland Code which states within 12 (twelve) hours after snow stops falling, a person owning or occupying a lot or part of a lot abutting a City sidewalk shall remove the snow and ice and clear a path four (4) feet wide or the entire width of the sidewalk, whichever is less.
If a property owner fails to comply with the provisions of Section 22-16 of The City of Frederick, Maryland Code, a fine not exceeding $100.00 may be issued and the snow removed by the City with the resultant costs assessed to the property owner.
For information regarding inclement weather call the City’s Emergency Public Information Line 301-600-1300.
For additional information contact Susan Harding at email@example.com or 301.600.1385