FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 2, 2019
Frederick County Teen Coalition to Host Teen Summit
Saturday, June 1, 2019
FREDERICK, MD – The Frederick County Teen Coalition is excited to announce the first Teen Summit. The Teen Summit will feature organizations and agencies that provide services to Teens in Frederick County. The event will be held on Saturday, June 1, 2019, from 9 am – 1 pm at Frederick High School. The Summit will feature local Frederick resident and entrepreneur Jason Lee as the Key Note Speaker, and offer workshops for both teens, parents, and caregivers. These workshops will be taught by community experts and promise to engage teens, parents and caregivers. The summit is FREE and open to the public.
Workshops for Teens Include:
- “How to Deal”: Stress Management, Coping Skills, Suicide Awareness
- Social Media Awareness / Personal Branding / Social Media Footprint
- Healthy Relationships / Self Esteem
- Be in the Know About Substance Abuse
- Entrepreneurship / Business Skills
- Finance & Budgeting
Workshops for Parents & Caregivers Include:
- Understanding Your Teen/Coping Skills/Stress Management / Suicide Awareness
- Supporting Your Teens Identity
- Cyberbullying / Bullying / Social Media Awareness
- Reality Check: Signs & Symptoms of Substance Use & Abuse
- Supporting Your Teen Through Employment / Continuing Education
- Parent Boot Camp
After the workshops, there will be a Teen Resource Fair from 11:30 am – 1:00 pm, where attendees can meet and talk with teen-serving organizations such as the 4-H, American Red Cross, Behavioral Health Partners, Frederick County Health Department, Frederick County Parks & Recreation, Frederick County Public Libraries, Frederick Police Department, Goodwill Industries, Local Care Team, Local Management Board, Mental Health Association, Officer for Children and Families, On the Mark Clubhouse, Spanish Community of MD, TransIT, University of Maryland Extension, and the YMCA are to name a few. We are also looking for additional organizations to participate in the Resource Fair.
The Frederick County Teen Coalition is comprised of organizations throughout Frederick County and meet quarterly to discuss trends and opportunities for collaboration. Our goal is to maximize each organization's efforts to provide services that reach as many teens as possible.
Registration for the Teen Summit is required and space is limited. To register please visit
For more information on the Teen Summit please contact Michele Bowman at 301-600-2091 or email@example.com.