FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 4, 2019
Frederick Police Request Public’s Assistance In Identifying Burglary Suspect
FREDERICK, MD – The Frederick Police Department is asking for the public’s assistance in identifying a suspect in connection with three fast-food commercial burglaries. The burglaries occurred on November 18 and 29, 2019 during the overnight hours.
Incident #1 November 18, 2019 1400 block of W. Patrick Street
Incident #2 November 18, 2019 Unit block of Willowdale Drive
Incident #3 November 29, 2019 2000 block of Yellow Springs Road
The suspect is described as a black male, between the ages of 18 – 30 years old. In the surveillance photo, he is seen wearing a black facemask, black pants, black hooded sweatshirt, and blue rubber type gloves.
If anyone has any information as to the identification of the person in the photo, please contact the Frederick Police Department – you can remain anonymous.
- Non-Emergency 301-600-2102
- Tip Line 301-600-TIPS (8477)
- Text Crime Tips 240-674-TIPS (8477)
The department would also like to recommend the following safety tips for businesses.
- Invest in a video surveillance systems. Make sure the system has adequate storage.
- If your business has cash on hand, install drop safes and signs that indicate that little cash is kept on site. After closing leave, the cash drawer open, showing that no money is in the drawer.
- Make sure your business has adequate lighting and do not have signs and posters covering your windows. Having a clear sightline allows for those driving by to help notice any suspicious activity in your business.
- Utilize an alarm system to include silent and personal alarms.