The City of Frederick continues to evaluate its operations and how best to deliver services in a way that is safe for the community and City employees. As the City continues to recover and proceed through reopening stages, the following operational adjustments will occur:
- Daytime meter enforcement will begin this Wednesday, June 17, 2020, with courtesy tickets. Normal ticket enforcement will start on Wednesday, July 1, 2020.
- Curbside Pick-Up Zones will continue throughout the downtown area and do not require meter payment. Parking garages continue to offer 30 minutes of free parking for pickup at this time.
- As a reminder, street sweeping has returned to its normal schedule. The City began issuing courtesy tickets on Monday, June 8, 2020. Normal ticketing will resume on Monday, July 6, 2020 (view street sweeping schedule).
- All other parking restrictions have remained in effect throughout the City’s pandemic response and are being enforced. Questions regarding parking enforcement can be directed to 301-600-1429.
Parks & Recreation
- All park playgrounds and pavilions are open starting today, Tuesday, June 16, 2020. Users are encouraged to practice physical distancing, practice proper hand hygiene, and avoid large gatherings.
- All park pavilion permits, permitted use of city fields, and permitted use of city tennis courts will resume on July 1, 2020. Return to play/usage plans and a revised reservation process have been implemented. Applications are being accepted effective Tuesday, June 16, 2020, for permits beginning July 1, 2020. Please visit the links below for additional information and directions to apply:
- All other Park facility permits remain suspended until further notice. This includes amenities within Baker Park and Carroll Creek Linear Park. Return to play/usage plans and a revised reservation process are being planned and will be announced as conditions warrant.
- The Talley Fitness Center will reopen on Monday, June 22, 2020, with safety precautions and a reservation system in place for members only. More information will be shared with fitness center members on the new protocols by Thursday, June 18, 2020.
- The Department will be offering six outdoor playground program camp locations which include Greenleaf, Hillcrest, Lake Coventry, Monocacy Village, Overlook, and Willow Brook Parks. The program will operate weekdays July 6, 2020, through August 21, 2020, from 8 AM to 5 PM. Additional information is available online at cityoffrederickmd.gov/webtrac. Additional Return to Recreation programming is being planned. Information will be provided as conditions warrant.
- Previously announced operational adjustments, including pools, satellite recreation centers, race/walk/parade permits, and programming, remain (view full overview). Questions regarding Parks and Recreation operations can be directed to 301-600-1450.
Additional City operational adjustments will be shared as available. To stay up to date on the City’s response to COVID-19, please visit cityoffrederickmd.gov/covid19 or the City’s social media channels.