The City of Frederick’s office facilities will be closed on Thursday, November 26, 2020, and Friday, November 27, 2020, to observe Thanksgiving. Some service schedules will change. Additionally, the holiday season brings additional service changes.
Parking – Holiday Season brings Free Parking
- No payment required is at City garages and meters on Thursday, November 26, 2020 (Thanksgiving) or Friday, November 27, 2020 (Frosty Friday).
- Additionally, the Holiday Free Parking begins. The City will offer free garage parking every weekend (Saturdays at 8 AM through Mondays at 6 AM) starting November 28, 2020, through the end of the year.
- City garages and meters do not require payment on Christmas Day or New Years Day.
Residential Trash Collection
- There will be no trash collection service on Thursday, November 26, 2020.
- If you usually set out your household trash on Wednesday evening for Thursday collection, please set your trash our Thursday evening for Friday collection.
- If you usually set out your household trash on Thursday evening for Friday collection, please set your trash out on Sunday evening for Monday collection.
- All other trash routes remain as scheduled.
Residential Yard Waste Collection
- There will be no yard waste collection on Thursday, November 26, 2020, or Friday, November 27, 2020. Yard waste collection will resume a regular schedule for those impacted the week of November 30, 2020.
Business District Trash Collection
- Commercial Downtown Business trash will be collected on the regular schedule.
- Commercial Business Recycling Service (not residential): Recycling will not be collected on Friday, November 27, 2020. It will return to the regular schedule on Monday, November 30, 2020.
- Residential Recycling: Refer to Frederick County Recycling holiday schedule at https://www.frederickcountymd.gov/1764/Recycling-Information.
- The William Talley Fitness Center will be closed Thursday, November 26, 2020, and Friday, November 27, 2020. Normal hours will resume on Saturday, 11/28/2020.