A New Year = Another Bulk Pick Up opportunity for each household in the City! For 2021, The City of Frederick will offer a once-per-calendar year free collection of bulk items for each household and two FreeCycle events. The City also offers pick-up for a service fee as stated in Section 10-21 of the Frederick City Code entitled Bulk Waste, subsection f.
To schedule your free annual pickup:
1. Count and review your items. For the annual free appointment, residents are permitted to place approximately ten (10) items for pick up. Check the accepted items list below. Is everything listed you plan to put out? Can anything be recycled?
2. Submit a request via our online portal. On the application, you will need to list out the items you plan to place outside. If you anticipate putting out more than 10 items, please call 301-600-1377 to discuss adding "pick up for a fee" to your request.
3. Place your items out for pickup. Items should be placed as closely as possible to the public street in front of each residence or structure on a lot. At no time will collection personnel enter houses, buildings, fences, or private property to collect bulk waste.
Items acceptable for pickup:
- Appliances with refrigerants removed
- Grills (tanks removed)
- Large toys
- Mattress and box springs (3 per household)
- Push mowers (fluids removed)
- Swing sets
- Trimmers (fluids removed)
- Weed cutters (fluids removed)
Mark your calendars for the following dates. More information will be shared as the events near.
- Saturday, April 17, 2021
- Saturday, October 23, 2021