OVERVIEW OF PUBLIC MEETING DECISIONS – June 17, 2021
At the June 17, 2021, Mayor and Board of Aldermen Public Meeting, the Board approved the following items:
- A Memorandum of Understanding with Mental Health Association concerning a Child Care Incentive Program. This MOU continues a program which started in 2019 through which the City provides funds to Frederick City Childcare Providers who earn and maintain certain credentialing standards. Through the MOU, the City partners with the Mental Health Association to administer this program.
- Approval of a Lease Agreement with Milestone Communications, Inc. for the construction of a cell tower at 6129 Butterfly Lane. Construction of a new water tower at Butterfly Lane reduced the elevation at which cell equipment could be placed, reducing the value to cell providers. In order to provide a long-term solution for all parties, the City entered into a land lease with Milestone Communications, providing for construction of a monopole which will provide increased capacity for cell carriers while also creating a steady revenue stream for the City.
- A First Amendment to the Agreement of Purchase and Sale with Patriot Technologies, LLC. Patriot has entered into an Agreement with Patriot Technologies, LLC for a parcel of land, known as Parcel C, along Monocacy Boulevard. This amendment provides Patriot with a one-year extension to complete entitlements and close on the property.
- A change order with Mid-Atlantic Utilities in the amount of $2,523,124. Mid-Atlantic is the contractor for the Water Treatment Plant Upgrade Project. This change order will allow for construction of a liquid coagulant facility. The need for this facility was identified as an important factor in the City’s disinfection byproducts mitigation program.
- A Service and Equipment Lease with Frederick County Board of Elections (BOE). 2021 is a municipal election year and, as in past years, the City will receive significant support from the Frederick County BOE in conducting the election. This agreement outlines the terms for that support, including borrowing and leasing of equipment in addition to staff support.
- A resolution concerning the 2021 municipal election. This resolution provides Board of Aldermen approval to the precinct boundaries, voting center location, and early voting dates recommended by the Board of Supervisors of Elections for the 2021 election.
- An Agreement with NPC, Inc. in the not-to-exceed amount of $86,656 for printing and mailing of ballots for the 2021 municipal election. Following a decision by the Board to pursue a mail-in election, with a ballot mailed to every eligible voter, RFP 21-P was issued to identify a consultant to print and mail the ballots. NPC, Inc. received the highest rating of the respondents; this agreement provides the terms and conditions of the project.
- Approval of the purchase of three police-capable vehicles. The Board approved use of year-end budget savings by the Frederick Police Department to purchase and up-fit three vehicles as part of its ongoing objective to replace outdated and high-mileage vehicles.
- A Deed of Perpetual Easement between the City and Renn Farm Investment, LLC. The Renn Farm property was annexed into the City in 2017. As a condition of that annexation, an avigation easement to provide a free and unobstructed flight path for aircraft taking off from and landing at Frederick Municipal Airport, must be in place prior to development approvals. This easement satisfies that requirement and allows the approval process to move forward.
More information on all agenda items can be found on the City website under Public Meetings/Mayor and Board of Aldermen.