The City of Frederick’s office facilities will be closed on Friday, December 24, 2021 and Friday, December 31, 2021 to observe Christmas and New Years Day. Some service schedules will change.
- No payment is required at City garages and meters beginning Friday, December 24, 2021 (Christmas Eve) through Monday, December 27, 2021 at 6AM and again on Friday, December 31, 2021 (New Years Eve) through Saturday, January 1, 2022.
Residential Trash Collection
- There will be no trash collection service on Friday, December 24, 2021 and Friday, December 31, 2021.
- If you usually set out your household trash on Thursday evening for Friday collection, please set your trash our Sunday evening for Monday collection.
- All other trash routes remain as scheduled.
Residential Yard Waste Collection
- There will be no yard waste collection on Friday, December 24, 2021 and Friday, December 31, 2021. Yard waste collection will resume a regular schedule for those impacted the week of January 3, 2022.
Business District Trash Collection
- Commercial Downtown Business trash will be collected on the regular schedule.
- Commercial Business Recycling Service (not residential): Recycling will not be collected on the following two holidays: Friday, December 24, 2021 and Friday, December 31, 2021. It will resume on Monday, December 27, 2021 and Monday, January 3, 2022 following the respective holiday.
- Residential Recycling: Refer to Frederick County Recycling holiday schedule at https://www.frederickcountymd.gov/1764/Recycling-Information.
- The William Talley Fitness Center will offer the following holiday hours:
December 24 – 5:30AM-2:00PM
December 25 – Closed
December 26 – Closed
December 31 – 5:30AM-2:00PM
January 1 – Closed
Housing and Human Services
- Foodbank: There will be no food distribution service on Friday, December 24, 2021 and Friday, December 31, 2021.
- Soup Kitchen: Soup kitchen services will be operating on the normal schedule.
The City wishes all a safe and healthy holiday season.