The Frederick Police Department and the Frederick County Sheriff’s Office have identified and charged a man responsible for numerous thefts within the county.
Between September and November 2021, the Frederick Police Department and the Frederick County Sheriff's Office observed an increase in motor vehicle thefts, attempted motor vehicle thefts, and catalytic converter thefts. While working in collaboration, investigators determined these cases were likely related to one another, and a potential suspect was developed.
On Dec. 7, 2021, the Frederick Police Department conducted a search and seizure warrant in the 9000 block of Pine Tree Road, in Frederick County, in reference to this investigation. Through evidence and information obtained during that warrant, the suspect was positively identified as Troy Blake Rice.
- Troy Blake Rice
- DOB: 09-19-1965
- 9000 blk of Pine Tree Road
- Frederick, Maryland
The Frederick Police Department has charged Rice via a summons with the following:
- MDOP Less than $1000 – 15 Counts
- MDOP Over $1000 – 2 Counts
- MDOP Scheme Value Over $1000 – 1 Count
- Theft $100 to Under $1500 – 15 Counts
- Theft $1500 to Under $25000 – 2 Counts
- Theft Scheme $1500 to Under $25000 – 1 Count
- Motor Vehicle/Unlawful Taking – 2 Counts
- FPD: 2021-081233, 2021-082546, 2021-079979, 2021-083688, 2021-084178, 2021-074617, 2021-076328, 2021-085963
- FCSO: 2021-116932, 2021-092023, 2021-116245
- Incident Type: Theft
- Location: Multiple
- Author of release: Allen Etzler