Beginning the first week of January and lasting through the month, AM Liner East will be rehabilitating a 1,600-foot section of 30-inch sewer mainline on the Carroll Creek Sewer Interceptor off Rosemont Avenue and stretching under Route 15 into Baker Park. The work is being done to eliminate groundwater infiltration and provide additional structural integrity for the nearly 50-year-old concrete sewer main. Once this section is completed, the Carroll Creek Sewer Interceptor will be lined through Baker Park down to Carroll Parkway and Bentz Street.
Residents should expect some walking path closures on the paths along Rock Creek and Rosemont Avenue near the Route 15 interchange, and along the walking path of W. 2nd Street from Rosemont to the Little League Ball Field as crews complete this work.
The scheduled timeline for the work is as follows:
- Week of January 2, 2023 – Site staging and set up.
- Week of January 9, 2023 – Start of construction in Baker Park. Walking path to be closed.
- Week of January 16, 2023 – Completion of bypass and placement of pumps.
- Week of January 23, 2023 – Installation and curing of 1,615’ of 30” liner.
- Week of January 30, 2023 – Removal of bypass.
- Week of February 6, 2023 – Site clean up.
For any questions, please contact:
George Shankle – Superintendent of Sewer or Stormwater Collections, 301-600-3883; or Susan Springer – Water and Sewer Administrative Assistant, 301-600-1681