The City of Frederick Blighted and Vacant Property Committee’s upcoming schedule is as follows:
CONTACT: Susan Harding, Public Information Officer, 301-600-1385
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Blighted & Vacant Property Committee Upcoming Schedule
Frederick, MD – The City of Frederick Blighted and Vacant Property Committee’s upcoming schedule is as follows:
• July 25th – NO MEETING
• August 8th – NO MEETING
• August 22th – Overview of Residential Vacancy and Blight Data/Code Enforcement Update
• September 12th – Discussion of scope of the problem and solutions
• September 26th – Draft Recommendations Report
• October 10th – Final Recommendations Report
• October 24th – Present Residential Property Recommendations Report to Mayor and Board at Workshop
The Committee presented their recommendations on Blighted and Vacant Commercial Properties to the Board of Aldermen at the July 11th Workshop meeting. As a result of the recommendations of the Committee, the Board of Aldermen voted to reauthorize and add new property tax credits at the July 19th Public Meeting.
An overview of Residential Vacancy and Blight Data and Code Enforcement will be presented at the August 22nd Committee meeting. Recommendation on residential findings will be presented to the Board of Aldermen at October 24th Workshop Meeting.
Blighted and Vacant Property Committee meetings are held in the Municipal Annex Building, at 140 West Patrick Street on the Wednesdays listed above from 5:30 – 7:00 PM. For more information, please contact The City of Frederick Department of Economic Development at 301.600.6360.