The 3rd level of the Church Street Parking garage will open to hourly users starting 5:00 PM on Friday, October 12, 2012. The deck will open after 5:00 PM during the work week to hourly users and all day on the weekends.
CONTACT: Susan Harding, Public Information Officer, 301-600-1385
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Wednesday, October 3, 2012
1st, 2nd, & 3rd Levels of Church Street Parking Deck Open for Limited Parking
Frederick, MD –. The 3rd level of the Church Street Parking garage will open to hourly users starting 5:00 PM on Friday, October 12, 2012. The deck will open after 5:00 PM during the work week to hourly users and all day on the weekends. With the opening of the 3rd level, 240 parking spaces will now be available to hourly users on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd levels. Six handicap spaces are available on the 1st level.
The Parking Department will contact the monthly pass holders as to their return date to the garage. The entire Church Street Parking Deck is anticipated to be fully operational and open to all users on Monday, October 22, 2012.
Please make note of the following points:
- Because the garage is still undergoing repairs and is an active construction site during the work week, any vehicles left in the garage after 6:00AM on Monday, October 12, 2012 will be towed at the vehicle owners’ expense. No exceptions.
- The garage will only be accessible from East Church Street. The garage entrance off of North Market Street will remain closed and blocked.
- The elevator and stairs will remain closed to users because they are under repair. The first level spaces are within easy walking distance to the exits.
- The garage parking pay stations will be in operation at both the front and back of the first level of the garage.
- Beginning Monday night October 12, 2012 the first, second and third levels of the Church Street Garage will reopen from 5:00PM until 6:00AM the next morning. This will continue each night until additional space and levels are repaired and are safely accessible to users.
- It is important to note that the Church Street Garage is limited to hourly users. Monthly pass will not work at the Church Street Garage. The limited parking is open to hourly parkers only and will remain that way until further notice. Monthly pass parkers need to continue to park in their temporary assigned garage.
Updates will be sent to the public through “Frederick County Alert”, which is replacing Nixle. Information will also be available on Twitter, Facebook, City’s E-newsletter and press releases. To sign up to receive “Frederick County Alert”, visit www.frederickcountymd.gov/alerts and follow the instructions on the County website by clicking on the “Citizen Alert Notification Sign Up” icon. Citizens that opt into the system can select what type of community alerts they wish to receive and designate which devices receive the alerts. If you have questions when signing up for “Frederick County Alert”, please contact Frederick County Emergency Management at 301-600-1746 or The City of Frederick AV Department at 301-600-3889 and someone will assist you.
Merchants, residents and visitors are advised to use the existing four parking decks that are located within three blocks of the Church Street Parking Garage. The locations are as follows;
• Court Street Parking Deck– 2 South Court Street
• Carroll Creek Parking Deck– 44 East Patrick Street
• West Patrick Parking Deck– 138 West Patrick Street
• East All Saints Parking Deck– 125 East All Saints Street
• Attached please find a map highlighting ADA parking availability in each parking deck and the locations of City structured parking facilities.
In addition to the parking decks, there is on-street hourly parking available and two surface parking lots located on the 300 block of North Market Street next to Old Town Tavern and in front of the former Carmack Jay Building.
The Church Street Garage Rehabilitation project will extend the lifespan of the existing garage for an additional seven years. In an effort to minimize the impact the closure of a parking deck has on the community, this three month closure will allow the garage to remain open uninterrupted for years.
The City of Frederick Parking Department thanks citizens, businesses, and visitors for your continued cooperation and patience during the renovations of the Church Street Parking Deck