The City of Frederick’s offices will be closed on Monday, May 25, 2020, to observe Memorial Day. Some service schedules will change.
- No payment is required at City garages on Monday, May 25, 2020. As a reminder, daytime meter enforcement has been suspended during the City’s State of Emergency.
Residential Trash Collection
- There will be no trash collection service on Monday, May 25, 2020.
- If you usually set out your household trash on Sunday evening for Monday collection, please set your trash out on Monday evening for Tuesday collection.
- Do not set yard waste out for collection.
- All other trash routes are as scheduled.
Residential Yard Waste Collection
- There will be no yard waste collection for Neighborhood Advisory Council (NAC) 6 and 7 on Monday, May 25, 2020. NAC 6 and 7 yard waste collection will resume a regular schedule on Monday, June 1, 2020.
Business District Trash Collection
- Commercial Downtown Business trash will be collected on the regular schedule.
- Commercial Business Recycling Service (not residential): Recycling will not be collected on Monday, May 25, 2020. It will return to the regular schedule on Wednesday, May 27, 2020.
- Residential Recycling: Refer to Frederick County Recycling holiday schedule at https://www.frederickcountymd.gov/1764/Recycling-Information
Since declaring a State of Emergency on March 13, 2020, Mayor Michael O’Connor and The City of Frederick have been committed to maintaining operations that are critical to the life, health, and safety of our residents. The City has also focused on the delivery of all additional City services through alternative means to keep City employees and the public safe. To stay up to date on the City’s response to COVID-19, please visit cityoffrederickmd.gov/covid19 or the City’s social media channels.